Regarding: “Hanford’s triumph was Nagasaki’s tragedy”:
Remember: That quiet morning aboard the USS Arizona.
Remember: The five Sullivan brothers.
Remember: 98 construction workers massacred on Wake Island.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Eclipse traffic already heavy in central Oregon
Remember: The Bataan Death March.
Remember: Iwo Jima, Guam, Okinawa, New Guinea, Luzon, Guadalcanal and Leyte
These were also tragedies.
Gary R. Nein, Shoreline