THE disgraced cycling champion is going all Hamlet with the public, confessing “I’m a flawed character.” No, Lance Armstrong is a contemptible liar, cheat and bully.
Flawed does not cover it. This is no agonizing Danish prince who cannot make all kinds of decisions, even right down to, to be or not to be.
The question Armstrong ignobly answered in the affirmative was whether to pump a sea of chemicals into his system to enhance his chances of winning. Again and again and again.
So he trashed his sport, humiliated his sponsors and made scads of money, which he used to go after anyone who might betray his betrayal of cycling.
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
Most Read Stories
Of course he should be banned from the sport forever. Feel sorry for those competitors who finished second, third and fourth, and honored the rules.