THE disgraced cycling champion is going all Hamlet with the public, confessing “I’m a flawed character.” No, Lance Armstrong is a contemptible liar, cheat and bully.
Flawed does not cover it. This is no agonizing Danish prince who cannot make all kinds of decisions, even right down to, to be or not to be.
The question Armstrong ignobly answered in the affirmative was whether to pump a sea of chemicals into his system to enhance his chances of winning. Again and again and again.
So he trashed his sport, humiliated his sponsors and made scads of money, which he used to go after anyone who might betray his betrayal of cycling.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Supersonic business jet heads for UW testing
Most Read Stories
Of course he should be banned from the sport forever. Feel sorry for those competitors who finished second, third and fourth, and honored the rules.