SEATTLE-AREA donors should support the good work of nonprofit organizations through GiveBIG, the annual one-day, online charitable giving that runs through Wednesday.
The 2013 theme
, “Everyday Heroes,” encourages people to do their parts to support local social and human services, the arts, health care and educational efforts.
Choose from more than 1,400 nonprofits. The first $65,000 donated to the Seattle Public Library will be matched by The Seattle Public Library Foundation board. College Access Now, which serves low-income students who are the first in their families to attend college, is another good option. Foundations supporting local school districts around the region are included. Go to for a complete list.
The Seattle Foundation, which sponsors the annual campaign, has earned the public’s respect and trust around GiveBIG by providing critical information about community needs, the nonprofits that do the work and creative strategies for giving.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
Most Read Stories
A lot of excitement builds each year around GiveBIG. Organizers have no reason to expect they will not exceed the $7.4 million contributed by 22,500 people last year.