Has the Muni League's tough analysis of the Seattle basketball arena proposal made you more supportive, or less supportive, of the deal?
The Municipal League of King County asks whether the arena deal is good enough. The civic group’s six-page analysis of the proposal to bring professional basketball back to Seattle says the plan is not risk-free and may not be as “self-financing as claimed by proponents.”
The League calls for greater scrutiny of the deal, including questions about future needs. Will a growing population eventually outgrow the space as it did KeyArena and if so, are stadium financiers putting aside money for that? Are belt-tightening corporations ready to spend on the luxury suites and seats key to the arena’s survival? And most importantly, are city and county general funds, which pays for basic services, protected even if the arena does poorly?
Do you support building an arena in Sodo? Take our poll below:
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
Most Read Stories