Brewing this morning:
Wisconsin recall: Our editorial takes a deeper look at what the failed Wisconsin recall means to Washington state, in the context of our state history. Check it out.
Seattle police and excessive force: This morning mark’s another step backward in efforts to address the Seattle Police Department’s use of excessive force and treatment of minorities. In court filings, the city is attacking a report by the Department of Justice that found police routinely used excessive force.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled