Brewing this morning:
Wisconsin recall: Our editorial takes a deeper look at what the failed Wisconsin recall means to Washington state, in the context of our state history. Check it out.
Seattle police and excessive force: This morning mark’s another step backward in efforts to address the Seattle Police Department’s use of excessive force and treatment of minorities. In court filings, the city is attacking a report by the Department of Justice that found police routinely used excessive force.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Suspect in attack on tourists arrested in downtown Seattle
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected