Last Monday, a senior advisor for Sen. Maria Cantwell’s campaign for re-election tweeted a photo of Rob McKenna with an LOLCat-style caption: “Why aren’t they speaking English? #Asians.” The advisor, Kelly Steele, posted the photo on Twitter on Sept. 24.
McKenna, a Republican and the state’s attorney general, is running for Washington state governor, against Democrat and former congressman Jay Inslee. McKenna’s campaign took a deserved hit in July when it surfaced that a staffer had tweeted “shut up and speak english #asians” before joining his campaign.
Kathlyn Ehl, the staff member, had also tweeted, “If it takes you an entire green light to walk in front of my car GET A WHEELCHAIR #toooldtowalk.” I called for her termination. Ehl apologized and did the right thing by resigning.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind