Last Monday, a senior advisor for Sen. Maria Cantwell’s campaign for re-election tweeted a photo of Rob McKenna with an LOLCat-style caption: “Why aren’t they speaking English? #Asians.” The advisor, Kelly Steele, posted the photo on Twitter on Sept. 24.
McKenna, a Republican and the state’s attorney general, is running for Washington state governor, against Democrat and former congressman Jay Inslee. McKenna’s campaign took a deserved hit in July when it surfaced that a staffer had tweeted “shut up and speak english #asians” before joining his campaign.
Kathlyn Ehl, the staff member, had also tweeted, “If it takes you an entire green light to walk in front of my car GET A WHEELCHAIR #toooldtowalk.” I called for her termination. Ehl apologized and did the right thing by resigning.
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Piece of Flight MH370 might finally have surfaced