Last Monday, a senior advisor for Sen. Maria Cantwell’s campaign for re-election tweeted a photo of Rob McKenna with an LOLCat-style caption: “Why aren’t they speaking English? #Asians.” The advisor, Kelly Steele, posted the photo on Twitter on Sept. 24.
McKenna, a Republican and the state’s attorney general, is running for Washington state governor, against Democrat and former congressman Jay Inslee. McKenna’s campaign took a deserved hit in July when it surfaced that a staffer had tweeted “shut up and speak english #asians” before joining his campaign.
Kathlyn Ehl, the staff member, had also tweeted, “If it takes you an entire green light to walk in front of my car GET A WHEELCHAIR #toooldtowalk.” I called for her termination. Ehl apologized and did the right thing by resigning.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us