Last Monday, a senior advisor for Sen. Maria Cantwell’s campaign for re-election tweeted a photo of Rob McKenna with an LOLCat-style caption: “Why aren’t they speaking English? #Asians.” The advisor, Kelly Steele, posted the photo on Twitter on Sept. 24.
McKenna, a Republican and the state’s attorney general, is running for Washington state governor, against Democrat and former congressman Jay Inslee. McKenna’s campaign took a deserved hit in July when it surfaced that a staffer had tweeted “shut up and speak english #asians” before joining his campaign.
Kathlyn Ehl, the staff member, had also tweeted, “If it takes you an entire green light to walk in front of my car GET A WHEELCHAIR #toooldtowalk.” I called for her termination. Ehl apologized and did the right thing by resigning.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning