Thank heaven for little girls. So sang French actor Maurice Chevalier in a famous song celebrating “their little eyes so helpless and appealing” and the fact that “they grow up in the most delightful way.” Well, we are here to thank heaven for little Girl Scouts — and for former girl, Megan Ferland, CEO of...
- Keep up strong support of giving supplies to students | School supplies
- Taking a lead on transgender rights: You go, Girl Scouts | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Rob Johnson for Seattle City Council Position 4 | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Debora Juarez for Seattle City Council District No. 5 | Editorial
In his recent guest opinion piece (“State and city climate policy is mired in symbolism,” Opinion, June 27) Todd Myers characterizes Seattle and Washington’s efforts to reduce carbon pollution as merely “symbolic.” While there is still much work to do and the author is correct that we didn’t meet an important goal, Seattle’s numbers tell...
- High fire danger: Celebrate the holiday at a community fireworks display | Letter to the editor
- Land conservation is good for business | Letter to the editor
- Climate change: Plans that even conservatives can support | Letter to the editor
- Explaining opposition the Affordable Care Act | Letter to the editor
- Highway 99 tunnel: No oversight needed because project has been out in the open | Letter to the editor
“Whether it’s ideology or political expediency that keeps Republicans dancing around the elephant in the room, party time is over.”