Since May, Seattle Times editorial board members have been interviewing candidates in select races in our region – from Issaquah City Council to Seattle School Board to Snohomish County executive. Here are our recommendations for selected races in King and Snohomish counties.
- Wash. state should move up the 2016 presidential primary to March 8 | Editorial
- Curbing developers would preserve neighborhoods’ character | Guest columnist
- Our sex-crazed Congress can’t stop obsessing about abortion | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
- It’s about time Tim Eyman ran for office | Letter to the editor
- A step back from misguided housing policy, but work remains | Editorial
- Seattle’s Chinatown-ID loses its dragon: Donnie Chin | Guest columnist
To appreciate the dumbing down of American politics, consider this: Conservative Republicans, indignant about abortion, are trying to destroy a government program that helps prevent 345,000 abortions a year. Inevitably in politics there are good ideas and bad ideas. But occasionally there are also moronic ideas — such as the House Republican proposal to kill...
I’m writing this letter out of years of pent-up frustration. While I may be considered by many as a tax-and-spend liberal, I value constructive and honest opinions. That where I differ with Tim Eyman . Eyman has yet another anti-tax initiative that has qualified for the ballot. Year after year, this self-proclaimed activist has lead,...
- Campaign financing: An idea to spur citizen funding | Letter to the editor
- Affordable housing: Rent control hurts small-unit landlords | Letter to the editor
- Planned Parenthood controversy: Adult organ donation is similar | Letter to the editor
- Donald Trump simplifies the Republican platform and makes it easy to understand | Letter to the editor
- Affordable housing: Rent control is urgent | Letter to the editor
“Whether it’s ideology or political expediency that keeps Republicans dancing around the elephant in the room, party time is over.”