There’s been some tense back-and-forth over the Canadian mother who said she had stopped opposing vaccinations after all seven of her kids came down with whooping cough. Some say we should loudly thank Tara Hills for publicly disowning her anti-vax campaign. Others — me, for instance — are feeling less grateful. Hills went beyond spreading...
- Washington’s refugee experience, then and now | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- What’s partisan about fact? | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Beyond education wars | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
- Cannabis investment has gone mainstream, but not in Washington | Jonathan Martin / Times editorial columnist
- When Washington did the right thing for refugees | Seeking refuge: 40 years after the fall of Saigon
- Refugees face different challenges today during resettlement | Seeking refuge: 40 years after the fall of Saigon
- Don’t use students as pawns in walkout | Editorial
- Legislature must pass the Early Start Act for the state’s youngest learners | Editorial
State funding of civil legal services is essential to maintain the often illusory promise of equal justice for all . Civil legal services for the poor has never been a “liberal” program. Sens. Steve O’Ban and Cyrus Habib continue the longstanding bipartisan support for funding of civil legal services. The initial effort for government funding...
- Teacher walkout is about looking to the future | Letter to the editor
- Tree-sitting: An effective alternative for residents | Letter to the editor
- Mobile-home buyers: An unethical vote by the U.S. House | Letter to the editor
- King County Prop. 1: It’s the last possible moment to consider a new communications system | Letter to the editor
- Health care: Fairness for Medicaid patients | Letter to the editor
“Whether it’s ideology or political expediency that keeps Republicans dancing around the elephant in the room, party time is over.”
Refugees believe in America, and most work hard and invest everything they have into their children’s futures.