Since May, Seattle Times editorial board members have been interviewing candidates in select races in our region – from Issaquah City Council to Seattle School Board to Snohomish County executive. Here are our recommendations for selected races in King and Snohomish counties.
- Planned Parenthood attack is a manufactured crisis for women’s health care | Editorial
- Pathetic voter turnout for the Aug. 4 primary | Editorial
- Donnie Chin’s slaying is a call to action | Guest columnist
- Get government out of marriage altogether | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Planned Parenthood: Wash. state should investigate its suspect actions | Letter to the editor
- A No Child Left Behind outcome worth saving | Editorial
When the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that states must recognize same-sex marriages, dissenting Chief Justice John Roberts wondered whether polygamy will be next. Some legal scholars have responded that, yes, the arguments for gay marriage could apply to relationships among more than two partners, as well. William Baude, a law professor at the University of...
Washingtonians on both sides of the abortion debate should applaud the 34 legislators urging state Attorney General Bob Ferguson to investigate Planned Parenthood . In a state where citizens are adamant about transparency in government, organizations receiving state funds should face similar scrutiny as state agencies — especially if unethical behavior is suspected. As multiple...
- Housing affordability: Where’s the evidence for the mayor’s housing plan? | Letter to the editor
- Planned Parenthood opponents are using the ‘yuck’ factor | Letter to the editor
- Death of Donnie Chin: A heartfelt thanks from a first responder | Letter to the editor
- Campaign financing and how to fix local elections: Pass I-122 | Letter to the editor
- HALA’s proposal: Readers weigh in on housing affordability plan | Letters to the editor
“Whether it’s ideology or political expediency that keeps Republicans dancing around the elephant in the room, party time is over.”