- The Times recommends: Vandana Slatter for Bellevue City Council Position No. 5
- The Times recommends: Jennifer Robertson for Bellevue City Council Position No. 7
- The Girl Scouts’ inspiring example of moral courage
- Stand firm on nuke inspections
- First Place Scholars charter school is charting a new course
- Too many people crowding the great sights
President Obama warned Iran’s ayatollahs on Tuesday that he was ready to walk away from a nuclear deal if Tehran won’t agree to tough measures to prevent cheating. Let’s hope he means what he says. Negotiators have already extended the deadline from June 30 to July 7. The administration should push it back further if...
- The Girl Scouts’ inspiring example of moral courage | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Too many people crowding the great sights | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- A good bad deal on Iran’s nuclear program? | Thomas Friedman / Syndicated columnist
- A toddler’s death in a foxhole | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
Vandana Slatter is an intelligent and engaged citizen ready to make the leap into Bellevue city government.
- The Times recommends: Jennifer Robertson for Bellevue City Council Position No. 7 | Editorial
- Senate budget breakdown over 1-1351: Get back to work | Editorial
- Keep up strong support of giving supplies to students | School supplies
- Taking a lead on transgender rights: You go, Girl Scouts | Editorial
In his recent guest opinion piece (“State and city climate policy is mired in symbolism,” Opinion, June 27) Todd Myers characterizes Seattle and Washington’s efforts to reduce carbon pollution as merely “symbolic.” While there is still much work to do and the author is correct that we didn’t meet an important goal, Seattle’s numbers tell...
- High fire danger: Celebrate the holiday at a community fireworks display | Letter to the editor
- Land conservation is good for business | Letter to the editor
- Climate change: Plans that even conservatives can support | Letter to the editor
- Explaining opposition the Affordable Care Act | Letter to the editor
- Highway 99 tunnel: No oversight needed because project has been out in the open | Letter to the editor