Since May, Seattle Times editorial board members have been interviewing candidates in select races in our region – from Issaquah City Council to Seattle School Board to Snohomish County executive. Here are our recommendations for selected races in King and Snohomish counties.
- How Seattle can heal Chinatown-ID after Donnie Chin’s death | Editorial
- A helping hand reuniting dads and kids | Guest columnists
- 70 years of race wars since World War II | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Two cheers for capitalism | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Why the naysayers are wrong about the Iran deal | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
- Affordable housing: Rent control hurts small-unit landlords | Letter to the editor
He wanted to start a race war. That, you will recall, was what authorities say white supremacist Dylann Roof had in mind when he shot up a storied African-American church in June. It might have surprised him to learn that we’ve already had a race war. No, that’s not how one typically thinks of World...
I am one of the many landlords with small-unit buildings, and can assure you that we are not making a killing on our investments . The only reason I can continue to offer my units at near or below market rates is that my building is almost paid off (after more than 20 years), and...
- Planned Parenthood controversy: Adult organ donation is similar | Letter to the editor
- Donald Trump simplifies the Republican platform and makes it easy to understand | Letter to the editor
- Affordable housing: Rent control is urgent | Letter to the editor
- Affordable housing plan: A smoke-screen from the HALA Committee | Letter to the editor
- Cecil the lion and the theft of species | Letter to the editor
“Whether it’s ideology or political expediency that keeps Republicans dancing around the elephant in the room, party time is over.”