As the Islamic State’s barbarities make headlines, Republican presidential candidates are scrambling to outdo each other’s hawkish pronouncements on foreign policy. That makes political sense. With the economy improving, polls show that voters now consider terrorism to be as important a campaign issue for 2016 as economic issues. And Obama’s incoherent efforts to degrade the...
The Obama administration wants retirement advisers looking out for consumers, not themselves.
- Cities should use the Golden Rule when dealing with homelessness | Editorial
- Moment of truth for the Internet and net neutrality | Editorial
- Legislature should shoot down state park hunting proposal | Editorial
- Use Washington State Opportunity Scholarship as a pathway to STEM and health care | Editorial
Although guest columnist Chris Vance dismisses an income tax in his opening statement . A progressive income tax (or other kinds of progressive taxes on capital or wealth) is far more fair and effective than property taxes. The main reason is that property taxes are a flat tax applied equally to all property-owners regardless of...
- Seattle City Council should continue the progessive ethos | Letter to the editor
- Paid parental leave: Parenting takes full-time care from moms | Letter to the editor
- Reduced Seattle parking: Customers will go elsewhere | Letter to the editor
- Richland florist case: Intolerance goes both ways | Letter to the editor
- Gender-neutral graduation: Celebrating students for who they are | Letter to the editor