Valentine's Day gifts that flirt with tradition but will stand out more than the basics.
Think a bit outside the (chocolate) box for a Valentine’s Day gift they’ll remember.
1. Rebecca Minkoff Initial Bag Charm ($27 at Nordstrom). Give her an accessory she’ll take everywhere with these sweet and stylish leather charms. The hard part: your initial or hers?
2. Inn at the Market One Night Stay and Massage Package (starting at $355). Take a mini vacation downtown with this package that includes a room, parking, a fruit basket from neighboring Pike Place Market and a half-hour, in-room massage for two.
3. ZootBites Cannabis Infused Caramel Espresso Brownies (around $14 for a two-pack). Instead of a bottle of wine or plain old box of chocolates, consider a cannabis-infused treat that provides 20 milligrams of THC per package. They also taste great and are gluten free.
4. Brooks Launch 3 ($100 at Brooks, Wallingford). Looking for something pink but not cliché? These new running shoes from local company Brooks provide style and good health.
5. Vitaly Kaya Ring in rose gold ($30 at vitalydesign.com). Priced half off for Valentine’s Day, this simple but bold ring features a black hexagon-shaped onyx surrounded by rich rose gold. The unisex style is also available in gold, silver and matte black.
6. Tommy Bahama Boxer Briefs ($34 for two pairs). This new collection features briefs that are super soft in fun prints and colors. A cotton-spandex blend provides comfort and support.
7. Owen & Fred Hey Handsome Travel Kit ($68 at owenandfred.com). Every time he digs through this roomy and durable travel kit, he’ll smile and think of you.
8. Bissinger’s Chocolate Heart Lollies ($3 each at Whole Foods). Grab a bunch of these solid-chocolate lollipops for the kids or co-workers.
9. Glassybaby Diva ($75 at Glassybaby stores and glassybaby.com). Warm her heart with a classic, locally made Glassybaby votive holder in an exotic pairing of deep pink and gold. A charitable donation is made for every piece sold.
10. Faribault Pak-A-Robe ($190 at Filson, Sodo). He’ll love this luxe, 100 percent lambswool blanket that packs into a canvas carrying case that doubles as a stadium seat.
11. Fresh Sugar Kiss and Tell Set ($42 at Sephora). What better kit to get than one that preps her pout for kisses? This one includes four lip treatments and a soothing balm.
12. Cupcake Royale Deathcake Royale ($9.50). The local cupcake company’s annual chocolate/sea salt/espresso decadence now comes packaged in a mason jar that’s perfectly portable.
13. UglyBaby AT-AT Love ZipUp Hoodie ($50 at Ugly Baby and La Ru, Pike Place Market, and etsy.com/shop/UglyBaby). Your “Star Wars” fan will swoon for these locally made hoodies that show anyone can find love.