Jean Paul Gaultier's '80s fashion homage to the Palace club featured sequined pill-box hats, strong shouldered tuxedos, jumpsuits and silken pajama suits.
Highlights from Wednesday’s spring-summer 2016 couture collections in Paris.
It was probably before the time of his front row stars singers Fergie and Beth Ditto — but they laughed and applauded nonetheless at Jean Paul Gaultier’s ’80s fashion homage to the Palace club, France’s answer to New York’s once-famous Studio 54.
Sequined pill-box hats, strong shouldered tuxedos, jumpsuits, silken pajama suits, and big, big hair dazed guests at the high-energy show delivered with a funky 1980s soundtrack. The litany of stars that graced the famed Palace venue were the inspirations for the designer’s myriad 69 looks.
Grace Jones was reimagined in a dull shimmering black-and-brown sequined jumpsuit and brown lace robe. Former model Farida Khelfa was “spotted” on the catwalk in a black perfecto jacket with blood-red nails, lips and shirt.
Most Read Stories
- Russian hackers tried to access Washington’s voting systems, officials say
- California brain surgeon faces more child sex abuse charges
- Seattle’s real Spider Man sets us straight: They’re not out to get you VIEW
- Boeing seeks quick legal fix to stop Bombardier
- We just experienced warmest and driest summer ever recorded in Seattle
And one look, big blond hair against a black crepe bustier dress with fuchsia satin, must surely have been the glamorous Jerry Hall.