Jean Paul Gaultier's '80s fashion homage to the Palace club featured sequined pill-box hats, strong shouldered tuxedos, jumpsuits and silken pajama suits.
Highlights from Wednesday’s spring-summer 2016 couture collections in Paris.
It was probably before the time of his front row stars singers Fergie and Beth Ditto — but they laughed and applauded nonetheless at Jean Paul Gaultier’s ’80s fashion homage to the Palace club, France’s answer to New York’s once-famous Studio 54.
Sequined pill-box hats, strong shouldered tuxedos, jumpsuits, silken pajama suits, and big, big hair dazed guests at the high-energy show delivered with a funky 1980s soundtrack. The litany of stars that graced the famed Palace venue were the inspirations for the designer’s myriad 69 looks.
Grace Jones was reimagined in a dull shimmering black-and-brown sequined jumpsuit and brown lace robe. Former model Farida Khelfa was “spotted” on the catwalk in a black perfecto jacket with blood-red nails, lips and shirt.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Eclipse traffic already heavy in central Oregon
And one look, big blond hair against a black crepe bustier dress with fuchsia satin, must surely have been the glamorous Jerry Hall.