Trends that are big now will still be going strong next fall and winter, according to runways in New York.
Each fashion week brings a new crop of styles, but the looks on the runways at the New York fall/winter shows had a strong hint of the familiar.
Trends that are big now— lace, dark florals, plaid and menswear inspiration — will still be going strong next fall and winter, according to the recent shows. Which is great news for those shopping winter clearance sales this month and next.
Lace was seen at Marc Jacobs, DKNY, Tracy Reese, Rodarte and Jason Wu, among others.
Plaid was seen at Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Victoria Beckham and Alexander Wang.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Police: Elderly Seattle brothers spent lifetime collecting sexual images of children, sexually abusing young girls
- Wealthy wife of Treasury secretary gets snarky on Instagram
Dark florals were seen at Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang, Oscar de la Renta, Proenza Schouler, Michael Kors, and Tracy Reese.
Menswear inspiration was seen at Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors and Thom Browne, with houndstooth and check prints at many more shows.
Other trends included liquid-metallic fabrics, abstract animal prints, hot shades of red and midi lengths.