Fashion seemed to make a leap into the present with more diverse models, fewer trends and some pieces that were for immediate sale.
New York Fashion Week, which started Sept. 8 and wrapped on Thursday, reflected the evolving nature of fashion.
There were fewer across-the-board trends, more non-traditional models and shows that weren’t shows at all.
Here are some highlights from the event that focused on spring/summer collections for 2017, but — in another break from tradition — also featured designers showing pieces ready for immediate sale.
Click through the slide show to see selections from the major shows.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Police: Elderly Seattle brothers spent lifetime collecting sexual images of children, sexually abusing young girls
- Wealthy wife of Treasury secretary gets snarky on Instagram