Ask yourself three basic questions when choosing a faucet to best match your new kitchen sink.
Q: We’re doing a kitchen renovation that will include a new kitchen sink. What do I need to keep in mind so my new kitchen faucet best matches my new kitchen sink?
A: From what I’ve learned working with design professionals, you should ask yourself three basic questions when choosing a faucet to best match your kitchen sink.
1. Will you have a single-bowl or double-bowl sink? This is important for choosing the type of spout the faucet will have. Single-bowl sinks may match up best with longer faucet spouts or pull-out spray spouts, while double-bowl kitchen sinks work well with pull-down spray spouts.
2. Will your sink be made out of stainless steel or cast iron? With a stainless steel sink, a faucet with a stainless look matches up nicely. For cast iron, you can match or complement the sink color with fancy faucet trims and finishes.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- Latest study: Seattle’s wage law lifted restaurant pay without shrinking jobs
- 90 degrees?! Heat wave expected in Seattle this weekend
- Seattle police transcript of fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles: 'I don't have a Taser' WATCH
3. Will any special accessories be included? With disposers, you may want a sweeping spray head that can move food waste easily. With built-in cutting boards, touchless faucet technology makes it easier for messy hands to operate the faucet.
Master contractor/plumber Ed Del Grande is known internationally as the author of the book “Ed Del Grande’s House Call,” the host of TV and Internet a, and a LEED green associate. For more information, visit eddelgrande.com.