Ask yourself three basic questions when choosing a faucet to best match your new kitchen sink.
Q: We’re doing a kitchen renovation that will include a new kitchen sink. What do I need to keep in mind so my new kitchen faucet best matches my new kitchen sink?
A: From what I’ve learned working with design professionals, you should ask yourself three basic questions when choosing a faucet to best match your kitchen sink.
1. Will you have a single-bowl or double-bowl sink? This is important for choosing the type of spout the faucet will have. Single-bowl sinks may match up best with longer faucet spouts or pull-out spray spouts, while double-bowl kitchen sinks work well with pull-down spray spouts.
2. Will your sink be made out of stainless steel or cast iron? With a stainless steel sink, a faucet with a stainless look matches up nicely. For cast iron, you can match or complement the sink color with fancy faucet trims and finishes.
Most Read Stories
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- Woman stabbed to death in Ballard
3. Will any special accessories be included? With disposers, you may want a sweeping spray head that can move food waste easily. With built-in cutting boards, touchless faucet technology makes it easier for messy hands to operate the faucet.
Master contractor/plumber Ed Del Grande is known internationally as the author of the book “Ed Del Grande’s House Call,” the host of TV and Internet a, and a LEED green associate. For more information, visit eddelgrande.com.