“There is age discrimination as well as gender discrimination, and you add the two of those, and it’s magnified.”
- It’s time for CEOs to address stagnant worker pay
- What jobs can 14- and 15-year-olds do this summer?
- Inside Wal-mart’s new training sessions
- What to do if you are suddenly fired
- Oops, co-worker slams recipient of misdirected text
- Fresh Tangerine jeweler Kim Kogane’s cool job
- 3 signs of employee discontent — and how to fix it
- Boast mode: The do's and don'ts of self-promotion
Job hunters must assume that their references will be checked, but it doesn’t always happen.
Knowing how to deal with co-workers you don't particularly like is a key job skill.