Owner/designer turned her hobby into a business while working at a Portland call center.
- Meet a real-life pet detective
- The fine line between flirting and friendliness in the office
- Be smart: Don’t drain your 401(k) or let a former employer do it
- Thinking about recycling an employer?
- REI instructor Caya Johnson’s cool job
- Co-worker’s larger raise seems ‘very unfair’
- How women can respond when told to smile at work
- Noncompete agreements spread, cutting off the right to a new job
“Adulthood for Beginners” author: I wanted to write it in a way that wouldn’t turn me off if I read it when I was a 23-year-old jerk.
The legal age to start work in Washington is 14, but restrictions may limit opportunities for early teens.