Genovation GXE clocked at 209 mph at Kennedy Space Center.
Genovation Cars announced this week that it has once again set a world record for fastest street-legal electric car. On Feb.16, the Genovation GXE reached a top speed of 209 mph at Johnny Bohmer Proving Grounds located at Space Florida’s Shuttle Landing Facility, Kennedy Space Center. The Genovation GXE is the only street-legal electric vehicle in the world to have certified speeds of more than 200 mph.
The GXE is a highly modified Corvette that includes a state-of-the-art battery management system, inverters, batteries and electric motors that exceed 700 horsepower.
The GXE is designed for superior handling, with a near 50/50 weight distribution and optimized for a low center of gravity. It is available with either a 7-speed manual transmission or a paddle shifting 8-speed automatic.
The GXE has broken the same record three times in the past 12 months.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Battling demons in a community looking to Trump for change VIEW
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Russell Wilson shines in Seahawks’ win over Vikings, but George Fant’s injury is a concern