Van resists all efforts to repair and maintain.
Owner: Russ Perman, Kirkland
Occupation: Automotive instructor, writer, photographer
Car’s make and model: 1969 Chevrolet SportVan 108
“I love my van because … [I] bought Gus — the old cuss — 25 years ago from original owner. This lovable old van was made as sturdy as a fire hydrant, and resists all efforts to repair and maintain, hence the name. Made when “men were men” and gas was cheap, it has so few options, heater/defroster fan controls listed as major feature in the manual. It was used for skiing, scuba diving and camping and a daily driver for years. Runs and drives like a 4,000-pound brick on wheels but gets smiles and turns heads each time I take it out.’’
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Eclipse traffic already heavy in central Oregon
Send in your photo and get 2 passes to America’s Car Museum!
Email a photo of you and your car (photo size about 1 MB), plus the information included above to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we pick yours to publish, we’ll send you two admission tickets to LeMay – America’s Car Museum. Located in Tacoma, ACM features 300 cars, trucks and motorcycles, plus rotating exhibits.