PARIS (AP) — Arrests can’t come any easier than this.
French gendarmes called to a robbery found the suspected thief stuck in a hole he’d made with a hammer in a shop window.
The national gendarmerie on Sunday published a photo appearing to show the man half-in and half-out of the hole.
“Drunk, he robbed a shop but got stuck … in the window before being arrested,” the gendarmerie tweeted, with the hashtag “ThugLife.”
Most Read Stories
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Singer John Legend donates $5K to help cover Seattle’s school-lunch debt
The 46-year-old man was arrested Thursday morning in the Pyrenees town of Mauleon-Licharre in southwest France, a duty officer for the regional gendarmerie told The Associated Press.
Firefighters were called to free the man, who was then taken into custody, said the officer, who wouldn’t be quoted by name, citing official policy.