TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — A young mother has died after her car was hit by a train in Alabama.
Tuscaloosa Fire Marshal Gene Holcomb tells news outlets that 21-year-old Savanna Lee Smith, of Moundville, was pronounced dead at the scene after the train collided with her SUV on Thursday morning in Tuscaloosa County. She was the vehicle’s only occupant.
The Tuscaloosa News (http://bit.ly/2jrkrVl ) reports that Smith had a 2-year-old son and 1-year-old daughter.
Multiple agencies are investigating the crash.
Most Read Stories
- Rachel Dolezal struggling after racial-identity scandal in Spokane
- Aerospace firm Electroimpact agrees to pay $485K after AG finds ‘shocking’ discrimination against Muslims
- No repeal for 'Obamacare' — a humiliating defeat for Trump VIEW
- Here's where the Seahawks stand in free agency
- Sen. Patty Murray will oppose Neil Gorsuch for Supreme Court
This is the second fatal train crash in the county this week. On Monday night, 20-year-old LSU student Katie Keogh was fatally struck by a train while walking back from a bar after the College Football Playoff National Championship game.
Information from: The Tuscaloosa News, http://www.tuscaloosanews.com