TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — A young mother has died after her car was hit by a train in Alabama.
Tuscaloosa Fire Marshal Gene Holcomb tells news outlets that 21-year-old Savanna Lee Smith, of Moundville, was pronounced dead at the scene after the train collided with her SUV on Thursday morning in Tuscaloosa County. She was the vehicle’s only occupant.
The Tuscaloosa News (http://bit.ly/2jrkrVl ) reports that Smith had a 2-year-old son and 1-year-old daughter.
Multiple agencies are investigating the crash.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- How Seattle Mayor Murray’s plan to help homeless living in RVs unraveled VIEW
- Why are home prices so high? Seattle has 2nd-lowest rate of homes for sale in U.S.
- UW star quarterback Jake Browning has surgery on throwing shoulder
- 'It's time for Seattle to shut up': What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' future
This is the second fatal train crash in the county this week. On Monday night, 20-year-old LSU student Katie Keogh was fatally struck by a train while walking back from a bar after the College Football Playoff National Championship game.
Information from: The Tuscaloosa News, http://www.tuscaloosanews.com