Yemeni military officials say seven al-Qaida-linked militants have been killed in two airstrikes in the south. It's the latest in a Yemen offensive against the Islamist militants.
Yemeni military officials say seven al-Qaida-linked militants have been killed in two airstrikes in the south. It’s the latest in a Yemen offensive against the Islamist militants.
Officials say a suspected U.S. drone struck a pickup truck, killing three al-Qaida-linked militants in Shabwa province, where the group controls several cities. The U.S. has carried out drone strikes against al-Qaida in Yemen in the past.
Mohammed Bindighar, who lives near the location of the Monday attack, says that for the past five months he’s seen U.S. drones circling overheard almost daily. The U.S. rarely comments on its operations.
Also Monday, officials say a Yemeni air strike killed four al-Qaida militants near Lawder city in southern Abyan province.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
All the officials spoke on condition of anonymity in line with military regulations.