BAGGS, Wyo. (AP) — A SUV crossed the center line of a highway in south-central Wyoming and collided with a pickup truck, killing four members of a Colorado family and another person.
The Wyoming Highway Patrol said Monday the accident occurred about 2:50 p.m. Friday on Wyoming 789, 22 miles north of Baggs.
The patrol says a northbound 2010 Nissan Armada driven by 44-year-old Heather White, of Peyton, Colorado, collided head-on with a 2008 Chevrolet pickup pulling a trailer. Both vehicles caught fire.
White and her three children, aged 12, 15 and 16, died at the scene.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
- This type of firework disfigures people more than any other, UW study shows
The pickup driver, 27-year-old Eric Hagen, of Casper, was pulled from the burning vehicle by others and was being treated at a Denver hospital. His passenger, 28-year-old Katie O’Keefe, of Casper, died.
The accident is under investigation.
This story has been corrected to show SUV traveling north.