PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A Philadelphia man has finally received his high school diploma — at 97 years old.
WPVI-TV reports (http://6abc.cm/2uzl7kG ) Charles Leuzzi left high school in his junior year and fought in World War II.
His heroism earned him two Purple Hearts and four Bronze Star medals. On Sunday, the School District of Philadelphia gave him his honorary diploma.
Leuzzi says he had to wait a long time, but he finally did it.
Most Read Stories
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
When asked about going to college, Leuzzi says he might as well.
He says, “I don’t have anything else to do.”
Information from: WPVI-TV, http://www.6abc.com