PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A Philadelphia man has finally received his high school diploma — at 97 years old.
WPVI-TV reports (http://6abc.cm/2uzl7kG ) Charles Leuzzi left high school in his junior year and fought in World War II.
His heroism earned him two Purple Hearts and four Bronze Star medals. On Sunday, the School District of Philadelphia gave him his honorary diploma.
Leuzzi says he had to wait a long time, but he finally did it.
Most Read Stories
- 'It's bigger than sports:' Why the Seahawks decided to stay in the locker room during Sunday's anthem WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
- ‘No more agriculture in Puerto Rico,’ a farmer laments
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
When asked about going to college, Leuzzi says he might as well.
He says, “I don’t have anything else to do.”
Information from: WPVI-TV, http://www.6abc.com