WASHINGTON (AP) — The Women’s March on Washington says it’s partnering with the Natural Resources Defense Council.
Organizers for the march, which is planned for a day after Donald Trump’s inauguration, announced the nonprofit environmental group would be a “presenting partner” in a statement Thursday.
The march already has some 150 partners listed on its website but says that as a presenting partner the council will endorse, promote, mobilize for and be one of the premiere sponsors of the march. The march previously announced Planned Parenthood would also be in the same category of sponsor.
In applying for a permit for the march on Jan. 21, organizers said they expect some 200,000 people to attend.
Most Read Stories
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
- Draft day delivery: Russell Wilson, Ciara announce birth of Sienna Princess Wilson