NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey woman accused of fatally stabbing her boyfriend during a dispute over their Xbox console has pleaded not guilty to reckless manslaughter and weapons charges.
Authorities have said Aisha Barr stabbed 26-year-old Christopher Greene at their Newark home last May. They say the couple was arguing over an Xbox when the dispute turned physical.
Authorities say the 29-year-old Barr grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed Greene in the chest. He was taken to a hospital, where he died a short time later.
Specific details about the dispute have not been disclosed.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors VIEW
- Washington state relies on a rotten tax system | Jerry Large
Barr was indicted on the charges last month. She entered her pleas on Monday during an arraignment hearing and remains jailed on $250,000 bail. She’s due to return to court next month for another hearing.