NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey woman accused of fatally stabbing her boyfriend during a dispute over their Xbox console has pleaded not guilty to reckless manslaughter and weapons charges.
Authorities have said Aisha Barr stabbed 26-year-old Christopher Greene at their Newark home last May. They say the couple was arguing over an Xbox when the dispute turned physical.
Authorities say the 29-year-old Barr grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed Greene in the chest. He was taken to a hospital, where he died a short time later.
Specific details about the dispute have not been disclosed.
Most Read Stories
- Gun seized in Che Taylor shooting traced to former sheriff’s deputy, officials say WATCH
- Colorado combats a new breed of drug traffickers
- Play presidential-debate bingo — download cards or play online
- Man charged in Cascade Mall shooting was getting court-ordered mental-health treatment
- New dad, on way to see baby, shot dead after road-rage incident, family says
Barr was indicted on the charges last month. She entered her pleas on Monday during an arraignment hearing and remains jailed on $250,000 bail. She’s due to return to court next month for another hearing.