TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Police in New Jersey are searching for a man who they say fatally shot a woman during an attempted robbery of three passengers in a vehicle operating under the ride-hailing service Lyft.
Mercer County prosecutors say the incident began when the unknown assailant hopped into the back of the car Wednesday night in Trenton and demanded the passengers’ money.
A gunshot was fired and the suspect fled as the Lyft driver sped off.
Police say 27-year-old Amber Dudley was struck in the torso. The Collingswood woman was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
- 2 men shot at Seattle’s Gas Works Park; suspect sought
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- Off-lease used cars are flooding market, pushing prices down
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
Police have not released the names of the Lyft driver or Dudley’s fellow passengers.
The investigation is ongoing.