TULSA, Okla. (AP) — An Oklahoma woman has been convicted of burglary and four other charges after she slashed the corpse of her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend.
A Tulsa County jury deliberated about four hours before finding Shaynna Lauren Sims guilty of all five counts related to the mutilation of Tabatha Lynch’s corpse in a casket at a Tulsa mortuary.
Lynch had died of natural causes on April 30, 2015, of natural causes at age 38.
The jury recommended up to 16 years in prison when a judge sentences Sims on June 1. Witnesses said Sims assured Sims’ family and friends that she was a makeup artist who wanted to help prepare Lynch’s body for a funeral viewing. Instead, they said, Sims cut body parts from the corpse, stole her shoes and slashed the corpse’s face
Most Read Stories
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
- Portland mayor: ‘Heroes’ died protecting women on train from anti-Muslim rant VIEW