HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut woman has been charged in connection with the death of her autistic teenage son.
Police say 33-year-old Katiria Tirado faces arraignment Thursday on a charge of cruelty to persons in connection with the death Tuesday of her 17-year-old son, Matthew. She was being held on $200,000 bond. It was not immediately clear if she had a lawyer.
Police say the mother called 911 Tuesday morning because her son was vomiting.
The teen was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead hours later.
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman, dozens of athletes respond to Trump's rant against NFL player protests
- GOP’s know-nothing approach to health care is symptom of a bigger disease | Danny Westneat
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Seahawks, Titans stay in locker room during national anthem prior to Sunday's game in Tennessee WATCH
- Pete Carroll responds to Trump comments, backs Seahawks: 'We stand for our players and their constitutional rights'
Police say he appeared malnourished. He was 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighed 88 pounds. He also had cuts and bruises on his face, torso and arms.
The teen’s cause of death remains under investigation.