HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut woman has been charged in connection with the death of her autistic teenage son.
Police say 33-year-old Katiria Tirado faces arraignment Thursday on a charge of cruelty to persons in connection with the death Tuesday of her 17-year-old son, Matthew. She was being held on $200,000 bond. It was not immediately clear if she had a lawyer.
Police say the mother called 911 Tuesday morning because her son was vomiting.
The teen was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead hours later.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle judge won’t immediately release ‘Dreamer’ from detention center
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Sticker shock as much higher car-tab bills land in mailboxes
- Mexico City is a parched and sinking capital
Police say he appeared malnourished. He was 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighed 88 pounds. He also had cuts and bruises on his face, torso and arms.
The teen’s cause of death remains under investigation.