HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut woman has been charged in connection with the death of her autistic teenage son.
Police say 33-year-old Katiria Tirado faces arraignment Thursday on a charge of cruelty to persons in connection with the death Tuesday of her 17-year-old son, Matthew. She was being held on $200,000 bond. It was not immediately clear if she had a lawyer.
Police say the mother called 911 Tuesday morning because her son was vomiting.
The teen was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead hours later.
Most Read Stories
- 83-year-old woman sexually assaulted in SeaTac assisted-living facility; assailant sought
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- Passage of paid-family-leave act shows power of working together | Op-Ed
- Homeless students drawn to Seattle schools by sports are often cast aside when the season’s over
Police say he appeared malnourished. He was 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighed 88 pounds. He also had cuts and bruises on his face, torso and arms.
The teen’s cause of death remains under investigation.