HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut woman has been charged in connection with the death of her autistic teenage son.
Police say 33-year-old Katiria Tirado faces arraignment Thursday on a charge of cruelty to persons in connection with the death Tuesday of her 17-year-old son, Matthew. She was being held on $200,000 bond. It was not immediately clear if she had a lawyer.
Police say the mother called 911 Tuesday morning because her son was vomiting.
The teen was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead hours later.
Most Read Stories
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Knife-wielding man in custody after downtown standoff VIEW
- Amazon tries to bag a big chunk of grocery market with Seattle pickup locations WATCH
- Richard Branson celebrates Virgin Atlantic’s entry to Seattle market, tears into Alaska Air
Police say he appeared malnourished. He was 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighed 88 pounds. He also had cuts and bruises on his face, torso and arms.
The teen’s cause of death remains under investigation.