MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Police say a New Hampshire woman has been accused of stabbing her 16-month-old daughter in the back.
Police arrested 29-year-old Evansgina Audy, of Manchester, on a second-degree assault charge Wednesday night.
Officials say the woman’s husband awoke to a bleeding toddler and a despondent wife, and called police.
The child was taken to a hospital with a serious, but non-life-threatening injury.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Eclipse traffic already heavy in central Oregon
Audy was scheduled to be arraigned Thursday. It wasn’t immediately known if she had a lawyer who could comment on her behalf.