MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Police say a New Hampshire woman has been accused of stabbing her 16-month-old daughter in the back.
Police arrested 29-year-old Evansgina Audy, of Manchester, on a second-degree assault charge Wednesday night.
Officials say the woman’s husband awoke to a bleeding toddler and a despondent wife, and called police.
The child was taken to a hospital with a serious, but non-life-threatening injury.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Is Seattle a target for a North Korean nuclear attack? Well, not quite yet, insiders say
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch agrees to contract with Raiders, is traded to Oakland in exchange of 2018 draft picks
- Boeing’s budget ax falls on popular gym for employees
Audy was scheduled to be arraigned Thursday. It wasn’t immediately known if she had a lawyer who could comment on her behalf.