MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Police say a New Hampshire woman has been accused of stabbing her 16-month-old daughter in the back.
Police arrested 29-year-old Evansgina Audy, of Manchester, on a second-degree assault charge Wednesday night.
Officials say the woman’s husband awoke to a bleeding toddler and a despondent wife, and called police.
The child was taken to a hospital with a serious, but non-life-threatening injury.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- Issaquah student was doing 102 mph — and didn’t get a fine. Should fellow students be the judges?
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
Audy was scheduled to be arraigned Thursday. It wasn’t immediately known if she had a lawyer who could comment on her behalf.