DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) — As the Iowa caucuses draw near, Democrat Hillary Clinton is highlighting rival Bernie Sanders’ votes against tougher gun restrictions.
Her presidential campaign says Clinton will appear Saturday in Ames, Iowa, with Gabby Giffords, the former Democratic congresswoman from Arizona.
Giffords was gravely wounded in a shooting five years ago in Tucson, Arizona, and has become a prominent gun control advocate.
Clinton wants caucus-goers to make gun control a “voting issue.” She’s tried to portray Sanders as a National Rifle Association ally by citing his votes against a waiting period for gun purchases and for granting gun manufacturers legal immunity.
- SeaTac ordered to pay $18 million to couple it cheated in secret land grab
- 50 years later, Bob Dylan's motorcycle crash remains mysterious
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson featured in new Costacos Brothers poster
- Live from DNC: President Obama: 'Hillary is ready' WATCH
- ‘Boys in the Boat’ is now a PBS documentary, to air Aug. 2
Most Read Stories
Sanders now supports efforts to repeal that immunity and says he’s been a tough opponent of the pro-gun lobby.
Polls show a tight race between Clinton and Sanders in Iowa.