SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A woman heading to her mother’s funeral has died in a car crash in southern Utah.
Utah Highway Patrol officials say a man driving a pickup truck Saturday morning on Interstate 15 just south of Beaver, Utah, lost control of the car. The pickup rolled several times.
KUTV of Salt Lake City reports (http://bit.ly/1q8h08L ) that 48-year-old Danielle Vale, of Mesquite, was ejected from the front passenger seat. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Utah Highway Patrol says a 28-year-old woman also in the car is listed in serious condition. The 48-year-old driver was also hospitalized, but his immediate condition was unknown.
Most Read Stories
- FBI’s massive porn sting puts internet privacy in crossfire
- Mariners make multiple roster moves: Tom Wilhelmsen placed on the DL, Nori Aoki sent to Tacoma WATCH
- Profanity Peak wolf pack in state’s gun sights after rancher turns out cattle on den
- A teardown a day: Bulldozing the way for bigger homes in Seattle, suburbs
- Air Force Thunderbirds take flight this weekend at JBLM show
Authorities say Vale, who was going to Salt Lake City for the funeral, was also carrying her mother’s ashes. Troopers are trying to recover the ashes at the crash site.
According to the highway patrol, neither woman was wearing a seat belt.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Information from: KUTV-TV, http://www.kutv.com/