HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — A riding lawnmower being used by a longtime groundskeeper at a Pennsylvania university has caught fire, killing the groundskeeper.
Millersville University President John Anderson says in an email to faculty and students the worker died Wednesday. He says 60-year-old Michael Keefer was riding on the lawnmower near the university’s stadium when the fire broke out.
Keefer was taken to a hospital and died that night.
The Lehigh County coroner’s office on Thursday said cause of Keefer’s death was thermal injuries and the death was an accident.
Most Read Stories
- Student’s pregnancy tests a Christian school’s values
- Seahawks’ Michael Bennett does great things, but why the immaturity?
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Startling video shows sea lion snatching girl from pier in Richmond, B.C. WATCH
A university spokeswoman tells LNP (http://bit.ly/2qwJmwB) it’s unclear what caused the fire.
The university and the state fire marshal are investigating.
Keefer had worked at the university since 1990.
Information from: LNP, http://lancasteronline.com