JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Three undercover narcotics officers in Florida have been suspended and charged with evidence tampering after authorities say three beer cans were removed from their vehicle the night one of them fatally shot a man during an attempted drug buy.
Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams said during a news conference Thursday that the shooting remains under review, but an attempted robbery that prompted the Feb. 6 shooting of 22-year-old Jerome Keith Allen appeared to have happened, and wasn’t made up. The sheriff identified the officers as Brian Turner, Kyle Kvies and Lance Griffis. It wasn’t clear which one shot Allen.
Williams says no blood tests were conducted after the shooting, because there was initially no evidence of alcohol being involved.
Online jail records from previous arrests say Allen was black. The site didn’t list information about the officers.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle judge won’t immediately release ‘Dreamer’ from detention center
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Sticker shock as much higher car-tab bills land in mailboxes
- Mexico City is a parched and sinking capital