JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Three undercover narcotics officers in Florida have been suspended and charged with evidence tampering after authorities say three beer cans were removed from their vehicle the night one of them fatally shot a man during an attempted drug buy.
Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams said during a news conference Thursday that the shooting remains under review, but an attempted robbery that prompted the Feb. 6 shooting of 22-year-old Jerome Keith Allen appeared to have happened, and wasn’t made up. The sheriff identified the officers as Brian Turner, Kyle Kvies and Lance Griffis. It wasn’t clear which one shot Allen.
Williams says no blood tests were conducted after the shooting, because there was initially no evidence of alcohol being involved.
Online jail records from previous arrests say Allen was black. The site didn’t list information about the officers.
Most Read Stories
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- Seahawks’ Michael Bennett does great things, but why the immaturity?
- Student’s pregnancy tests a Christian school’s values
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Startling video shows sea lion snatching girl from pier in Richmond, B.C. WATCH