The United Nations mission in Syria says its observers have witnessed government fighter jets opening fire on Aleppo, the country's largest city..
The United Nations mission in Syria says its observers have witnessed government fighter jets opening fire on Aleppo, the country’s largest city..
In a briefing on Wednesday, mission spokeswoman Sausan Ghosheh also said the U.N. had confirmation that the rebels now have heavy weapons of their own, including tanks.
Ghosheh expressed concern over the situation in the northern city of Aleppo, where rebels have been battling government forces for the past 12 days.
She described “heavy use of heavy weapons, including tanks, helicopters, heavy machine guns, as well as artillery.”
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area