The United Nations mission in Syria says its observers have witnessed government fighter jets opening fire on Aleppo, the country's largest city..
The United Nations mission in Syria says its observers have witnessed government fighter jets opening fire on Aleppo, the country’s largest city..
In a briefing on Wednesday, mission spokeswoman Sausan Ghosheh also said the U.N. had confirmation that the rebels now have heavy weapons of their own, including tanks.
Ghosheh expressed concern over the situation in the northern city of Aleppo, where rebels have been battling government forces for the past 12 days.
She described “heavy use of heavy weapons, including tanks, helicopters, heavy machine guns, as well as artillery.”
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel
- Rules preserving city views set up clash among towers competing to be first, biggest