HOWEY IN THE HILLS, Fla. (AP) — Troopers say a seven-vehicle crash on Florida’s Turnpike has left two people dead.
The Florida Highway Patrol identified the victims in Sunday evening’s crash as a 20-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man who were traveling in the same vehicle. Authorities initially had said four people died in the crash northwest of Orlando near Howey in the Hills. They sent a news release later Monday correcting the number to two.
Trooper Steven Montiero says one of the victims died at the scene and the other died at the hospital. He said information is constantly being updated “due to the complexity of the scene.”
Police have not released the victims’ names or any other details of the crash.
Most Read Stories
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- For Seahawks, life after Legion of Boom coming faster than we thought based on this NFL draft | Larry Stone
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7