HOWEY IN THE HILLS, Fla. (AP) — Troopers say a seven-vehicle crash on Florida’s Turnpike has left two people dead.
The Florida Highway Patrol identified the victims in Sunday evening’s crash as a 20-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man who were traveling in the same vehicle. Authorities initially had said four people died in the crash northwest of Orlando near Howey in the Hills. They sent a news release later Monday correcting the number to two.
Trooper Steven Montiero says one of the victims died at the scene and the other died at the hospital. He said information is constantly being updated “due to the complexity of the scene.”
Police have not released the victims’ names or any other details of the crash.
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- Washington lawmakers reach tentative state budget deal, but no details made public
- Ohio woman set on fire by ex-boyfriend in 2015 dies