HOWEY IN THE HILLS, Fla. (AP) — Troopers say a seven-vehicle crash on Florida’s Turnpike has left two people dead.
The Florida Highway Patrol identified the victims in Sunday evening’s crash as a 20-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man who were traveling in the same vehicle. Authorities initially had said four people died in the crash northwest of Orlando near Howey in the Hills. They sent a news release later Monday correcting the number to two.
Trooper Steven Montiero says one of the victims died at the scene and the other died at the hospital. He said information is constantly being updated “due to the complexity of the scene.”
Police have not released the victims’ names or any other details of the crash.
Most Read Stories
- Washington loses 2017 incoming point guard Blake Harris
- Rare, often fatal, respiratory disease carried by mice — hantavirus — confirmed in King County
- Measles cases in South Lake Union: Were you exposed?
- 'I'm amazed tourists ever come back': Your comments on Seattle's poor tourism survey
- Mike Hopkins' basketball coaching staff at Washington begins to take shape