HOWEY IN THE HILLS, Fla. (AP) — Troopers say a seven-vehicle crash on Florida’s Turnpike has left two people dead.
The Florida Highway Patrol identified the victims in Sunday evening’s crash as a 20-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man who were traveling in the same vehicle. Authorities initially had said four people died in the crash northwest of Orlando near Howey in the Hills. They sent a news release later Monday correcting the number to two.
Trooper Steven Montiero says one of the victims died at the scene and the other died at the hospital. He said information is constantly being updated “due to the complexity of the scene.”
Police have not released the victims’ names or any other details of the crash.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Battling demons in a community looking to Trump for change VIEW
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Russell Wilson shines in Seahawks’ win over Vikings, but George Fant’s injury is a concern