BOSTON (AP) — A judge has set a February trial date for a mother accused of helping dispose of her 2-year-old daughter’s body after her boyfriend allegedly killed the girl.
Rachelle Bond is scheduled to go on trial on Feb. 22 in Suffolk Superior Court.
Bond is charged as an accessory after the fact in the 2015 killing of her daughter, Bella Bond.
The girl was known only as Baby Doe after her body washed up on a Boston Harbor island. A composite image of the girl was shared by millions on social media before she was finally identified.
Most Read Stories
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- We need real solutions to vehicle campers | Editorial
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Record Seattle crowd asserts women’s rights: 'Trump has galvanized everybody' WATCH
- Will Seahawks keep Luke Willson? That's among questions facing tight end position in offseason
Authorities say Bond’s boyfriend, Michael McCarthy, killed the girl. Both have pleaded not guilty. McCarthy faces a separate trial.