BOSTON (AP) — A judge has set a February trial date for a mother accused of helping dispose of her 2-year-old daughter’s body after her boyfriend allegedly killed the girl.
Rachelle Bond is scheduled to go on trial on Feb. 22 in Suffolk Superior Court.
Bond is charged as an accessory after the fact in the 2015 killing of her daughter, Bella Bond.
The girl was known only as Baby Doe after her body washed up on a Boston Harbor island. A composite image of the girl was shared by millions on social media before she was finally identified.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon unveils smart convenience store sans checkouts, cashiers WATCH
- What national media are saying about UW Huskies in College Football Playoff, matchup with Alabama
- Seahawks surprised by Cam Newton's first-play absence — and the reason
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Day 1 updates for the Mariners at the MLB Winter Meetings: And so it begins ...
Authorities say Bond’s boyfriend, Michael McCarthy, killed the girl. Both have pleaded not guilty. McCarthy faces a separate trial.