BOSTON (AP) — A judge has set a February trial date for a mother accused of helping dispose of her 2-year-old daughter’s body after her boyfriend allegedly killed the girl.
Rachelle Bond is scheduled to go on trial on Feb. 22 in Suffolk Superior Court.
Bond is charged as an accessory after the fact in the 2015 killing of her daughter, Bella Bond.
The girl was known only as Baby Doe after her body washed up on a Boston Harbor island. A composite image of the girl was shared by millions on social media before she was finally identified.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Police: Elderly Seattle brothers spent lifetime collecting sexual images of children, sexually abusing young girls
- Wealthy wife of Treasury secretary gets snarky on Instagram
Authorities say Bond’s boyfriend, Michael McCarthy, killed the girl. Both have pleaded not guilty. McCarthy faces a separate trial.