BOSTON (AP) — A judge has set a February trial date for a mother accused of helping dispose of her 2-year-old daughter’s body after her boyfriend allegedly killed the girl.
Rachelle Bond is scheduled to go on trial on Feb. 22 in Suffolk Superior Court.
Bond is charged as an accessory after the fact in the 2015 killing of her daughter, Bella Bond.
The girl was known only as Baby Doe after her body washed up on a Boston Harbor island. A composite image of the girl was shared by millions on social media before she was finally identified.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle judge won’t immediately release ‘Dreamer’ from detention center
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Students frustrated trying to get into UW’s strict engineering program
- Sticker shock as much higher car-tab bills land in mailboxes
Authorities say Bond’s boyfriend, Michael McCarthy, killed the girl. Both have pleaded not guilty. McCarthy faces a separate trial.