BOSTON (AP) — A judge has set a February trial date for a mother accused of helping dispose of her 2-year-old daughter’s body after her boyfriend allegedly killed the girl.
Rachelle Bond is scheduled to go on trial on Feb. 22 in Suffolk Superior Court.
Bond is charged as an accessory after the fact in the 2015 killing of her daughter, Bella Bond.
The girl was known only as Baby Doe after her body washed up on a Boston Harbor island. A composite image of the girl was shared by millions on social media before she was finally identified.
Most Read Stories
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- Career advice: End affair with boss, then apply for promotion | Dear Carolyn
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- UW professor: The information war is real, and we’re losing it | Danny Westneat
- Amazon tries to bag a big chunk of grocery market with Seattle pickup locations WATCH
Authorities say Bond’s boyfriend, Michael McCarthy, killed the girl. Both have pleaded not guilty. McCarthy faces a separate trial.