This timeline of the events of Aug. 9 is based on documents provided by the Ferguson Police Department, including dispatch logs and an incident report on a robbery at a convenience store.
11:48 a.m.: Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson arrives at a residence in response to an unrelated call about a 2-month-old child having difficulty breathing when she coughs.
11:51 a.m.: Ferguson police receive a call of a robbery in progress at the Ferguson Market convenience store.
11:54 a.m.: A different, unidentified officer arrives at the Ferguson Market. An employee and customer provide the officer with a physical description of a person who took some cigars.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers
Most Read Stories
11:57 a.m.: A police dispatcher broadcasts a detailed description of the robbery suspect, saying he was wearing a red St. Louis Cardinals ball cap and yellow socks and was walking with another man toward another convenience store called QuikTrip.
12 p.m.:Wilson leaves the scene of the call about the sick child.
12:01 p.m.: Wilson encounters Michael Brown walking in the street, and the shooting follows. Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said Friday that Wilson did not know about the robbery at the convenience store when he encountered Brown.
12:04 p.m.: Another police officer arrives on the scene after the shooting, and an ambulance is called for Brown.