SAN ANTONIO (AP) — A Texas man has been charged with capital murder in the death by asphyxiation of a 15-year-old girl and three women in separate attacks from December 2014 to April 2015.
Bexar (bayr) County prosecutors say they’re seeking the death penalty for 29-year-old Johnny Joe Avalos (AH’-vuh-lohs) of San Antonio. Investigators say the victims were killed during attempted sexual assaults.
Avalos was arrested last year on municipal court warrants. He faces two counts of capital murder of multiple persons in indictments announced Tuesday.
The body of 15-year-old Natalie Chavez was discovered in December 2014 under a San Antonio bridge. Rosemary Perez was slain in January 2015.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- Issaquah student was doing 102 mph — and didn’t get a fine. Should fellow students be the judges?
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
The body of Celia Ann Lopez was discovered in April 2015. Prosecutors say Genevieve Ramirez survived an April 2015 attack but died two months later.