AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Texas grand jury has returned a murder indictment against a man accused of stabbing four students, one fatally, at the University of Texas.
Kendrex White is accused of the May 1 stabbings that left 19-year-old Harrison Brown dead and three others wounded.
The Travis County grand jury also indicted White on aggravated assault counts relating to the three injured students.
White remains jailed on $1 million bond. Police after his arrest said White appeared to be mentally ill, but he was ruled in June to be competent to stand trial. He is scheduled to appear in court for a status hearing on Friday.
Most Read Stories
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher