HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Police and a parent say a Pennsylvania teacher washed out a 10-year-old boy’s mouth with soap after he argued with another student.
The boy’s mother says it happened Oct. 13 at Camp Curtin Academy.
Police Capt. Gabriel Olivera tells Pennlive.com that the teacher’s actions — even if true — don’t amount to a crime.
Ciara White and her son, Donald Thomas, spoke to WHP-TV. Donald says he doesn’t want to go back to the school while the teacher still works there.
Most Read Stories
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Singer John Legend donates $5K to help cover Seattle’s school-lunch debt
Officials with the Harrisburg School District aren’t speaking about the matter, citing student confidentiality issues. They also won’t say whether the teacher has been disciplined.
Neither police nor school officials have identified the teacher.