HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Police and a parent say a Pennsylvania teacher washed out a 10-year-old boy’s mouth with soap after he argued with another student.
The boy’s mother says it happened Oct. 13 at Camp Curtin Academy.
Police Capt. Gabriel Olivera tells Pennlive.com that the teacher’s actions — even if true — don’t amount to a crime.
Ciara White and her son, Donald Thomas, spoke to WHP-TV. Donald says he doesn’t want to go back to the school while the teacher still works there.
Most Read Stories
- Arrest of black teen in Wallingford sets off social-media storm
- Huskies not only should be in playoffs, they should be in Fiesta Bowl
- Snow is on way to Western Washington lowlands, weather service says
- FAA orders Boeing 787 safety fix: Reboot power once in a while
- Facebook set to double Seattle presence with another big new office
Officials with the Harrisburg School District aren’t speaking about the matter, citing student confidentiality issues. They also won’t say whether the teacher has been disciplined.
Neither police nor school officials have identified the teacher.