GREENSBORO, Ga. (AP) — School officials say a Georgia teacher has resigned after a high school student said she recorded him calling her “the dumbest girl I have ever met.”
Greene County School System Superintendent Chris Houston tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (on-ajc.com/1S3Fn0g) that teacher Cory Hunter resigned at a school board meeting Monday night. Houston said the teacher apologized for any “disruption” caused by the ordeal.
WSB-TV (http://2wsb.tv/1OXjoDy ) reports that 16-year-old junior Shaniaya Hunter, who is not related to the teacher, says she was trying to catch up before a test in December and asked the teacher a question.
She says Hunter replied, “I have been around for 37 years and clearly you are the dumbest girl I have ever met.” She says he added that her purpose in life will be to have sex and have babies.
Most Read Stories
- Woman fatally shot by deputies on Muckleshoot tribal land was pregnant
- What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' 'incompetent debacle' of a tie with the Cardinals
- What’s up with these creepy clowns?
- Complete coverage: Seahawks, Cardinals battle to 6-6 tie in NFC West showdown
- Washington state’s plan for megaquake ‘grossly inadequate,’ review finds
Shaniaya Hunter was recording the lesson on a school-issued iPad.