Shoppers at a Target store in Brooklyn say a label that listed the color of a plus-size dress as "manatee gray" was insulting.
Shoppers at a Target store in Brooklyn say a label that listed the color of a plus-size dress as “manatee gray” was insulting.
The label for the same dress in smaller sizes described it as “dark heather gray.”
Target apologized for the label.
Michelle Ho, shopping at the store at Atlantic Terminal Mall, told the New York Post ( http://bit.ly/16vmd9u) that Target was “putting down one set of people over another” with the different labels.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Spokeswoman Jessica Deede called the labeling of the Mossimo-brand “Women’s Plus-Size Kimono Maxi Dress” “an unintentional oversight.”
She said although manatee gray was a seasonal color, Target was “fixing the discrepancy.” She said the item was removed from the company website.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com