Shoppers at a Target store in Brooklyn say a label that listed the color of a plus-size dress as "manatee gray" was insulting.
Shoppers at a Target store in Brooklyn say a label that listed the color of a plus-size dress as “manatee gray” was insulting.
The label for the same dress in smaller sizes described it as “dark heather gray.”
Target apologized for the label.
Michelle Ho, shopping at the store at Atlantic Terminal Mall, told the New York Post ( http://bit.ly/16vmd9u) that Target was “putting down one set of people over another” with the different labels.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Your vote counts so little in today’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
Most Read Stories
Spokeswoman Jessica Deede called the labeling of the Mossimo-brand “Women’s Plus-Size Kimono Maxi Dress” “an unintentional oversight.”
She said although manatee gray was a seasonal color, Target was “fixing the discrepancy.” She said the item was removed from the company website.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com