Shoppers at a Target store in Brooklyn say a label that listed the color of a plus-size dress as "manatee gray" was insulting.
Shoppers at a Target store in Brooklyn say a label that listed the color of a plus-size dress as “manatee gray” was insulting.
The label for the same dress in smaller sizes described it as “dark heather gray.”
Target apologized for the label.
Michelle Ho, shopping at the store at Atlantic Terminal Mall, told the New York Post ( http://bit.ly/16vmd9u) that Target was “putting down one set of people over another” with the different labels.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
Spokeswoman Jessica Deede called the labeling of the Mossimo-brand “Women’s Plus-Size Kimono Maxi Dress” “an unintentional oversight.”
She said although manatee gray was a seasonal color, Target was “fixing the discrepancy.” She said the item was removed from the company website.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com