TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A police officer was shot and a suspect killed during a shootout in Tampa Saturday afternoon.
Police Spokeswoman Andrea Davis sent out a news release Saturday about the shooting.
The address Davis gave for the shooting was the Yuengling Beer Company Of Tampa, but on Twitter Saturday evening, the department wrote that officers responded to a call of shots fired in a nearby Hyatt hotel parking lot.
Authorities said on Twitter that a witness called police around 4 p.m., saying that suspects in two cars were involved in an altercation and driving erratically. The gunfire exchanged led to one officer and two suspects shot.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
- 2 men shot at Seattle’s Gas Works Park; suspect sought
- Off-lease used cars are flooding market, pushing prices down
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
The department said the officer was breathing and conscious.
The location of the shooting was not far from the University of South Florida and the Busch Gardens theme park.