TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A police officer was shot and a suspect killed during a shootout in Tampa Saturday afternoon.
Police Spokeswoman Andrea Davis sent out a news release Saturday about the shooting.
The address Davis gave for the shooting was the Yuengling Beer Company Of Tampa, but on Twitter Saturday evening, the department wrote that officers responded to a call of shots fired in a nearby Hyatt hotel parking lot.
Authorities said on Twitter that a witness called police around 4 p.m., saying that suspects in two cars were involved in an altercation and driving erratically. The gunfire exchanged led to one officer and two suspects shot.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
Most Read Stories
The department said the officer was breathing and conscious.
The location of the shooting was not far from the University of South Florida and the Busch Gardens theme park.