Syrian TV says the country's national security chief has died of wounds suffered in a rebel blast.
Syrian TV says the country’s national security chief has died of wounds suffered in a rebel blast.
Gen. Hisham Ikhtiyar is the fourth member of President Bashar Assad’s inner circle to die in Wednesday’s bombing that targeted security chiefs meeting in the national security headquarters in Damascus.
The TV report says Ikhtiyar died Friday morning.
The others killed in the blast were Gen. Assef Shawkat, the deputy defense minister who was married to Assad’s elder sister, Defense Minister Dawoud Rajha and Hassan Turkmani, a former defense minister.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel
- Rules preserving city views set up clash among towers competing to be first, biggest