Syrian TV says the country's national security chief has died of wounds suffered in a rebel blast.
Syrian TV says the country’s national security chief has died of wounds suffered in a rebel blast.
Gen. Hisham Ikhtiyar is the fourth member of President Bashar Assad’s inner circle to die in Wednesday’s bombing that targeted security chiefs meeting in the national security headquarters in Damascus.
The TV report says Ikhtiyar died Friday morning.
The others killed in the blast were Gen. Assef Shawkat, the deputy defense minister who was married to Assad’s elder sister, Defense Minister Dawoud Rajha and Hassan Turkmani, a former defense minister.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents