Syrian TV says the country's national security chief has died of wounds suffered in a rebel blast.
Syrian TV says the country’s national security chief has died of wounds suffered in a rebel blast.
Gen. Hisham Ikhtiyar is the fourth member of President Bashar Assad’s inner circle to die in Wednesday’s bombing that targeted security chiefs meeting in the national security headquarters in Damascus.
The TV report says Ikhtiyar died Friday morning.
The others killed in the blast were Gen. Assef Shawkat, the deputy defense minister who was married to Assad’s elder sister, Defense Minister Dawoud Rajha and Hassan Turkmani, a former defense minister.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract