Syrian TV says the country's national security chief has died of wounds suffered in a rebel blast.
Syrian TV says the country’s national security chief has died of wounds suffered in a rebel blast.
Gen. Hisham Ikhtiyar is the fourth member of President Bashar Assad’s inner circle to die in Wednesday’s bombing that targeted security chiefs meeting in the national security headquarters in Damascus.
The TV report says Ikhtiyar died Friday morning.
The others killed in the blast were Gen. Assef Shawkat, the deputy defense minister who was married to Assad’s elder sister, Defense Minister Dawoud Rajha and Hassan Turkmani, a former defense minister.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving