Syrian TV says the country's national security chief has died of wounds suffered in a rebel blast.
Syrian TV says the country’s national security chief has died of wounds suffered in a rebel blast.
Gen. Hisham Ikhtiyar is the fourth member of President Bashar Assad’s inner circle to die in Wednesday’s bombing that targeted security chiefs meeting in the national security headquarters in Damascus.
The TV report says Ikhtiyar died Friday morning.
The others killed in the blast were Gen. Assef Shawkat, the deputy defense minister who was married to Assad’s elder sister, Defense Minister Dawoud Rajha and Hassan Turkmani, a former defense minister.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil