Syrian TV says the country's national security chief has died of wounds suffered in a rebel blast.
Syrian TV says the country’s national security chief has died of wounds suffered in a rebel blast.
Gen. Hisham Ikhtiyar is the fourth member of President Bashar Assad’s inner circle to die in Wednesday’s bombing that targeted security chiefs meeting in the national security headquarters in Damascus.
The TV report says Ikhtiyar died Friday morning.
The others killed in the blast were Gen. Assef Shawkat, the deputy defense minister who was married to Assad’s elder sister, Defense Minister Dawoud Rajha and Hassan Turkmani, a former defense minister.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Your vote counts so little in today’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites