CONROE, Texas (AP) — A male suspect shot dead by an off-duty sheriff’s deputy during an attempted holdup at a fast-food restaurant has been identified as a local high school student.
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office identified the dead suspect Wednesday as 17-year-old Elijah Mark Cobb.
Cobb was shot dead and two others suffered minor injuries during a Nov. 22 holdup attempt at a Raising Cane’s chicken strips restaurant in the Houston suburb of Shenandoah.
Witnesses told investigators that an armed would-be thief entered the restaurant, grabbed an employee and demanded money. The deputy ordered him to drop the weapon, then shot the gunman when the gun was pointed at him.
Most Read Stories
- Students frustrated trying to get into UW’s strict engineering program
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- Mexico City is a parched and sinking capital
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Downtown Eugene in ‘crisis,’ consultant says
Family members told the Conroe Courier that Cobb had attended Spring Dekaney High School.