A lawsuit against McDonald's alleges a child ate a used condom he found in the play area of one of the chain's Chicago restaurants.
A lawsuit against McDonald’s alleges a child ate a used condom he found in the play area of one of the chain’s Chicago restaurants.
The suit was filed Wednesday on behalf of Anishi Spencer and her two sons, who were 3 and 2 years old at the time of the alleged incident in February 2012.
The mother alleges the 2-year-old coughed up a piece of the condom and that both children required medical treatment.
The suit accuses McDonald’s of failing to remove harmful debris from an area used by children.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
McDonald’s said Thursday it was investigating. It added in a statement that “providing a safe, clean environment is a top priority.”
The woman’s attorney, Jeffrey Deutschman, says he tried for months to reach a settlement but got no response.