A lawsuit against McDonald's alleges a child ate a used condom he found in the play area of one of the chain's Chicago restaurants.
A lawsuit against McDonald’s alleges a child ate a used condom he found in the play area of one of the chain’s Chicago restaurants.
The suit was filed Wednesday on behalf of Anishi Spencer and her two sons, who were 3 and 2 years old at the time of the alleged incident in February 2012.
The mother alleges the 2-year-old coughed up a piece of the condom and that both children required medical treatment.
The suit accuses McDonald’s of failing to remove harmful debris from an area used by children.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
Most Read Stories
McDonald’s said Thursday it was investigating. It added in a statement that “providing a safe, clean environment is a top priority.”
The woman’s attorney, Jeffrey Deutschman, says he tried for months to reach a settlement but got no response.