SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The capital of California and an apartment complex have agreed to pay $1.35 million to an elderly stroke victim who was raped several times by an off-duty Sacramento police officer.
The Sacramento Bee reports (http://bit.ly/2jAm42C ) that the city and the senior complex in which the woman lived will each pay $675,000 under the settlement announced by her attorney Wednesday.
Former Officer Gary Dale Baker was sentenced in 2015 to 62 years to life in prison for the attacks against the woman in her 70s.
She was recovering from a stroke that left her unable to speak when she was sexually assaulted for the first time in 2010.
Most Read Stories
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
- For Seahawks, life after Legion of Boom coming faster than we thought based on this NFL draft | Larry Stone
The woman pointed at photographs and pantomimed the acts she was forced to perform to describe what she endured.
Information from: The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com