SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The capital of California and an apartment complex have agreed to pay $1.35 million to an elderly stroke victim who was raped several times by an off-duty Sacramento police officer.
The Sacramento Bee reports (http://bit.ly/2jAm42C ) that the city and the senior complex in which the woman lived will each pay $675,000 under the settlement announced by her attorney Wednesday.
Former Officer Gary Dale Baker was sentenced in 2015 to 62 years to life in prison for the attacks against the woman in her 70s.
She was recovering from a stroke that left her unable to speak when she was sexually assaulted for the first time in 2010.
Most Read Stories
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Check out the Pike Place Market’s $74M addition: See 360-degree views of the new MarketFront VIEW
- Trump travel ban partly reinstated; fall court arguments set VIEW
The woman pointed at photographs and pantomimed the acts she was forced to perform to describe what she endured.
Information from: The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com