An Arizona strip club has endorsed a Democratic candidate for Congress. And the candidate, the Rev. Jarrett Maupin, says he's happy to have the support of The Great Alaskan Bush Company of Phoenix.
An Arizona strip club has endorsed a Democratic candidate for Congress. And the candidate, the Rev. Jarrett Maupin, says he’s happy to have the support of The Great Alaskan Bush Company of Phoenix.
The Arizona Republic reports (http://goo.gl/HPFDpw) the strip club recently announced its endorsement on a sign that reads: “Jarrett Maupin for Congress ‘The Rev.'”
Maupin, who calls himself a member of the Progressive Christian Coalition, says employees voted to back him because he supports affordable student loans and all-day kindergarten.
Maupin is running in a close race for the 7th District seat against three other Democrats to replace retiring longtime Rep. Ed Pastor.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
- Undetected measles led to Clallam County woman’s death
Most Read Stories
But he can’t vote for himself because he was convicted in 2009 of lying to the FBI in a case involving then-Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon.
Information from: The Arizona Republic, http://www.azcentral.com