Spanish police say they have arrested a woman who landed at Madrid's international airport with 1.7 kilos (3.7 pounds) of cocaine hidden in her breast implants.
Spanish police say they have arrested a woman who landed at Madrid’s international airport with 1.7 kilos (3.7 pounds) of cocaine hidden in her breast implants.
Narcotics agents grew suspicious when the 43-year-old Venezuelan woman exhibited unspecified strange behavior during a routine screening of passengers who had just arrived from Bogota, Colombia.
A luggage search showed nothing unusual. But a frisk by female officers revealed irregularities and deformations in both of the suspect’s breasts.
The passenger then “became nervous and confessed to carrying cocaine implants,” a police statement said Friday.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Walkoff magic! Leonys Martin’s dramatic homer in ninth lifts Mariners
Most Read Stories
The suspected drug smuggler was transferred to a hospital where she was detained for an alleged crime against public health, the statement says.
Spain employs a police unit to specifically check passenger arrivals from major drug-producing countries.