Spanish police say they have arrested a woman who landed at Madrid's international airport with 1.7 kilos (3.7 pounds) of cocaine hidden in her breast implants.
Spanish police say they have arrested a woman who landed at Madrid’s international airport with 1.7 kilos (3.7 pounds) of cocaine hidden in her breast implants.
Narcotics agents grew suspicious when the 43-year-old Venezuelan woman exhibited unspecified strange behavior during a routine screening of passengers who had just arrived from Bogota, Colombia.
A luggage search showed nothing unusual. But a frisk by female officers revealed irregularities and deformations in both of the suspect’s breasts.
The passenger then “became nervous and confessed to carrying cocaine implants,” a police statement said Friday.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
Most Read Stories
The suspected drug smuggler was transferred to a hospital where she was detained for an alleged crime against public health, the statement says.
Spain employs a police unit to specifically check passenger arrivals from major drug-producing countries.