Somalia's most dangerous militant group says it has killed a French hostage that French military forces tried to rescue last weekend.
Somalia’s most dangerous militant group says it has killed a French hostage that French military forces tried to rescue last weekend.
Al-Shabab said in a Twitter posting Thursday that the agent, codenamed Denis Allex, was executed Wednesday evening Somalia time.
French officials have said they believe Allex was killed the night of the raid. Allex, a French intelligence agent, was taken by the militants in July 2009 and had been held ever since.
A French raid Friday night and early Saturday failed to rescue him, and resulted in the deaths of two French troops and 17 Somalis, French officials say.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage